Writer, Director, Producer
Greg’s feature-length documentary Power of the River has been selected for eight festivals, including the International Wildlife Film Festival and the Environmental Film Festival in the Nation’s Capital. The film premiered on Rocky Mountain PBS and multiple other public television stations in 2023. It is now available to public TV stations coast-to-coast through 2025 and also available to view free (donation suggested) anytime here.
“A cinematic adventure into the heart of wilderness, Power of the River captures the connection between people and the rivers that are our lifeblood.”Robert Redford
The Movement, Greg’s 40-minute documentary film debut was nominated for the Short Film Grand Jury Prize at Sundance. The film was selected for 20 other international film festivals, winning five awards.
Your Water Table: Greg produced, directed, and wrote this six-episode educational series on water issues in Northwest Colorado. The series, discussion guides, and a 21-minute documentary are all available at YourWaterTable.org.
Audience Building & Niche Film Distribution
Greg has worked on some of the most successful independent documentary film releases in history:
- The 2013 Academy Award® nominated documentary Chasing Ice, which grossed $1.3 million, among the top docs of all time. Greg directed a ticket outreach program that spanned more than 1,110 screenings in 78 theaters.
- The Movement has reached over a million estimated viewers through TV broadcasts, airline releases, festivals, and its home video release. Greg served as the film’s co-director and screenwriter and was involved in virtually all levels of production and distribution.
- Muscle Shoals, a Sundance and SXSW selection, a winner at Boulder and Hot Docs, and a Grammy nominee for its toe-tapping, rump-shaking soundtrack. Seattle Times called it: “Hands down one of the best music documentaries ever made.” Greg directed a ticket outreach program in 32 theaters supporting the movie’s release.
- The NASCAR Films documentary DALE, narrated by Paul Newman, which played to 3.1 million television viewers, a CMT network record. Greg directed the film’s 212-city theatrical tour.
- American Mustang, from Oscar® nominee Just Media. HuffPost Denver praised it as: “Sweeping and intimate; a visually stunning love song and call to action.” An official selection at the Starz Denver, Napa, and San Luis Obispo festivals, this is the first ever 3D film on wild horses. Greg co-directed a ticket outreach program in concert with the theatrical release of this creative hybrid of narrative fiction and documentary storytelling.
- Ten years with the Warren Miller tour, the world’s longest running film series. Greg’s responsibilities steadily increased from managing operations of a two-month, 70-city annual tour (180 events, 300,000 attendance, four concurrent crews) to overseeing a multimillion dollar roster of sponsors such as Jeep, Nissan, PBS, Sony, Janus, AT&T, and Visa.
- Don Hertzfeldt & Mike Judge’s Animation Show 3, featuring shorts from four Oscar® nominated animators and films that went on to win more than 15 international awards. Greg directed the film’s 2007 theatrical release, billed as the largest American animation film tour of the time.